Властелин колец

Объявление

Раздача ICQ

Внимание! Для просмотра всех тем на форуме надо быть зарегистрированным пользователем!!

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Властелин колец » Джон Р.Р. Толкиен » Цитаты из произведений

Цитаты из произведений

Сообщений 1 страница 2 из 2

Выкладываем всяческие изречения автора.))

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done since I grew old and wary enough to detect its presence.

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

It's a job that's never started that takes the longest to finish.

Little by little, one travels far.

The Hobbits are just rustic English people, made small in size because it reflects the generally small reach of their imagination.

Nearly all marriages, even happy ones, are mistakes: in the sense that almost certainly (in a more perfect world, or even with a little more care in this very imperfect one) both partners might be found more suitable mates. But the real soul-mate is the one you are actually married to.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

It's a dangerous business going out your front door.

All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

One Ring to rule them all,
One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all
and in the darkness bind them.

His house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or singing, or just sitting and thinking, best, or a pleasant mixture of them all.

Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.

'I wish life was not so short,' he thought. 'Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about.'

"Hail Eärendil, of mariners most renowned, the looked for that cometh at unawares, the longed for that cometh beyond hope! Hail Eärendil, bearer of the light before the Sun and Moon! Splendour of the Children of Earth, star in the darkness, jewel in the sunset, radiant in the morning!"
-Eönwë to Eärendil upon his arrival in Valinor

"And Elwing chose to be judged among the Firstborn Children of Ilúvatar... and for her sake, Eärendil chose alike, though his heart was rather with the kindred of Men and the people of his father."

"Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here forever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and from me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"
-Hour to Turgon at the Battle of Unnumbered Tears

Last of all Hurin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed; and it is sung that the axe smoked in the black blood of the troll-guard of Gothmog until it withered, and each time that he slew Hurin cried 'Aure entuluva! Day shall come again!' Seventy times he uttered that cry; but they took him at last alive...

Вы здесь » Властелин колец » Джон Р.Р. Толкиен » Цитаты из произведений